Friday, January 11, 2013

Sewing Room

Last weekend I deep cleaned my sewing room, and wanted to snap a few photos since it won't stay like this for long! I try to only keep my current projects out, and I only have a little room for storage in this room. Most of my books and vintage patterns are in the living room, and my main fabric stash is in plastic bins in the garage. Grandma's sewing machine is in the living room too, along with my folding cutting table. Sheesh, that sounds like a LOT when I list it out.

My sewing table is an Ikea Expedit bookcase and desk, and I LOVE it. My overlock fits perfectly in one of the lower cubbies. These windows get beautiful morning light, but unfortunately I don't usually get to enjoy it. And have I introduced my dress form? Her name is Beatrice.

Charlie Cat says, "Don't forget to show them your hem gauge and pressing supplies!"
The ironing board stays out all the time, so those tools get stashed underneath. 
Sleeve boards and tailors hams can be pricey, make sure to use a Jo-Ann's coupon to buy them.

A few reference books are close at hand, but my vintage pattern and sewing books 
live in a bookcase with glass doors to keep the dust out.

This elfa storage unit was way overpriced, but it's perfect for my needs. Interfacing in the top drawer, then cone thread, and 2 drawers of fabric that I plan to use soon.

Now it's time to get to work and mess this place up!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour Beth! The desk and bookcase do look perfect for a sewing room. I love the coat that Beatrice is wearing. Is it vintage??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the coat is vintage, the lining was shattered and I'm finally finishing replacing it. For over a year I've only needed to finish hemming the sleeves and the bottom!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...